Sunday, May 3, 2015

Margarita Pizza

This one has been a long time in the making.... Since September of last year. At least that was the last time I looked at this post and considered sharing this one. It's one of those recipes that comes from the heart thru someone I love.

If you've made the pizza crust I previously posted about here, you're half way there. Make the crust and then instead of using typical pizza sauce, use olive oil to cover the crust. Slice some Roma tomatos and fresh mozerella and place them on your dough. Next place some sweet basil leaves on the pizza. Salt it to taste and put it in the oven to cook.

Thats it. Easy peasy and yet the post took me so long to write. No, I have no idea why. The difference in this pizza when compared to normal pizza with sauce? This pizza seems 'lighter' and after a couple of slices, it doesnt leave me feeling groggy and stuffed. Which may not be a good thing if I eat more of it.

No comments: